Calender

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Postmodernism in my BFA project

Regarding my project, there are a few different ways that it can be see as postmodern art.

First of all, unlike Modernists, my project is not strictly "pure" of medium. Rather than simply putting paint on a canvas, I will be building a physical space, using pipes, curtains, walls, papers with writings, a television, sounds, and videos. It will be a mixture or various mediums to show a single concept.

Next, my work will not be understood just by looking at it for 30 seconds. It will be a piece that the viewer will really have to think about and break down. Each viewer may take something very differently from the piece.

Lastly, my piece will allow critics to think about my personality, background, and affiliations rather than the modernistic view of simply judging the artwork. This is one of the more important reasons as my project will be very personal, allow the viewer to step into my shoes and see what I see. This may bring into question what type of person I am, as well as explain the origins of some of my other work.

No comments:

Post a Comment